Last weekend I was lucky enough to meet up with a bunch of other Wellington bloggers for cupcakes, shopping, and a pattern and fabric swap.
The swap was fun, so fun, but after we had all scoured the table for the gems to become ours, there was a whole pile of patterns left. What to do?
Rather than take our unwanted offerings home to try again another day, we decided to share our day with those people who read our blogs. Inspired by Karen of Did you Make That, the Wellington Pattern Pyramid scheme was born.
We divided up the remaining patterns into piles and took a pile each. Then I took another pile because there were Still More Patterns.
So here are the two Pattern Pyramids I am giving away.
I should warn you. There were seven sewing and pattern enthusiasts at this event and these are the patterns that we couldn’t re-home. Perhaps they are just hideous?
Actually, I suspect that is was because it was at the end of a long day and our acquisitive natures were worn out and we weren’t seeing clearly. How did I not see how the awesome scalloped hem and grown on sleeves on Simplicity 7129, or spot the zip-front dress on Style 1843, both being given away at Modern Vintage Cupcakes? And they’re both my size! Or the fabulous blazer on Simplicity 7113, also my size, on The Curious Kiwi? Or the full skirted shirt dress on Butterick 5733 on Making it Well and the great wide legged pants and jacket combo on Style 1425 over at Nikki’s Stiches? At least neither of these is my size. I betcha the others have something in ther pyramid that I’m going to mutter over as well.
And you know, let’s keep it honest here. Perhaps some of them really are just awful.
Luckily you get to win the whole pile and choose the one that YOU want!
So if you see a pattern in either set that you want, please enter! Given that my readership jumped by about 40% when the four bloggers I met for the first time last weekend started following me, and all seven of us agreed not to enter each other’s draws (because we had our opportunity so tough bikkies if we missed out) your chances are excellent!
Now for the rules, which are the same as Karen’s original giveaway.
- Anyone, anywhere in the world, can enter by leaving a comment on this post bymidnight NZ time (GMT +13 hours)on Sunday 9th December but you must have an active blog for reasons that are about to become apparent.
- I will randomly select one winner, Person A, and post them the collection of 6 patterns.
- Person A will then pick one pattern to keep for themselves, then host their own give-away (you know, on the active blog that they have! Oh, it all comes together beautifully). They will randomly select a winner and post the remaining patterns to Person B.
- Person B will pick a pattern for themselves and promptly host their own give-away and post the remaining patterns to the winner, Person C.
- Person C will do the same and so on until there is a last pattern winner…you get the idea.
You can enter for either pyramid, or for both, just let me know in your comment which one(s) you are in for! And to make it interesting for me, let me know which pattern in your pyramid(s) of choice you think you would keep and what you would make from it.
And if none of these patterns float your boat, check out these blogs for their write-ups of the Wellington Sewing Bloggers’ Meet-up and their own Pattern Pyramid giveaways. You can enter at every one if you want!